U&A (Usage and Attitude)
Research of consumers and their characteristics is necessary for increasing competitiveness, growth of profits, mitigation of the risk of spontaneous planning and incorrect positioning. U&A research includes:
- Product awareness;
- Attitude towards product;
- Consumers’ behavior study;
- Consumer’s profile / portrait description.
Brand study usually includes various aspects of its comprehension among representatives of target audience:
- Brand awareness;
- Brand image;
- Evaluation of brand attributes, attitude towards them;
- Brand loyalty and loyalty potential.
A separate line of marketing research is advertising effectiveness study – how effective are marketing communication (advertising, PR-campaign).
The most common methods of advertising study are:
- Advertising testing;
- Measurement of advertising campaign effectiveness.
Measurement of advertising campaign effectiveness gives the possibility to evaluate to what extent a company reaches its target audience, to determine a level of advertising comprehensibility for consumers and a level of impulse buying.
Segmentation studies are directed, firstly, on clients classification and include:
- consumers and non-consumers groups analisys;
- finding priority market segments on the basis of consumers classification;
- study of consumption peculiarities and preferences of different consumers segments;
- study of free marketplaces.
The main aim of segmentation research – search of new free rooms in the market, through the understanding of clients needs, that are not filled with already present products / services / companies in the market.
Price study plays an important role for marketing positions and product’s prospects, it includes:
- competitive price survey;
- price planning for new products, determination of a reasonable price;
- price flexibility;
- Perception of prices by target audiences.
The most common methods of price studies are:
- PSM (Price Sensitivity Measurement) – price sensitivity study that gives the possibility to determine best price for a product;
- BPTO (Brand-Price-Trade-Off) – determination of price elasticity.
CSS (Customer Satisfaction Studies)
Customers satisfaction and their readiness to recommend a product, a service or a company is one of the key success criteria.
In satisfaction studies these criteria are shown as time-to-time indexes and can be included into main KPI`s of a company.
For customer satisfaction score can be used many research methods: САТІ, face-to-face surveys, focus-groups, in-depth interviews.